Ecogasgenerator: process description
The objective of Ecogasgenerator is the obtaining of the synthesis gas that occurs by the following steps:
– Storage product
The product is stored in an appropriate area and before automatically bringing to the drier it is refined with an appropriate mill to ensure a suitable size.
– Product Drying
The drying phase is performed in airtight compartment. The accepted maximum humidity of the incoming biomass is 80%. The evaporated water is condensed without any emission into the atmosphere.
– Water purification
All the condensation water from drying and from gas cleaning are sent to an electrolytic purifier plant (Ronda Engineering design) to bring their values according to the law.
– Furnace pyrolysis
The process inside the furnace takes place in two phases and in a completely airtight environment. The first phase of PYROLYSIS consists in lead the material to a temperature of about 900 °C to extract the volatile part of organic matter. In the second stage the residual material – consisting of carbon and ash – is further raised to a temperature of about 1,300 °C in order to gasify the remaining carbon.
– Dust separation process
The Ecogas is sent to a separator cyclone of coarse dust.
– Elimination of the TAR
In the Ecogasgenerator process, the TAR are totally converted into simple gas thanks to a technique developed by Ronda Engineering. Therefore, the gas is suitable for use in Otto cycle engines with very superior efficiency to steam turbines commonly used in similar plants.
– Ecogas cooling system with thermal recovery
The thermal recovery of the energy contained in the purified Ecogas is achieved by a pre-heating of the combustion air in the first exchanger, and in a second heat exchanger, by heating of the fluid convector used for drying the biomass and for the supply of thermal energy for external use.
– Production of electricity
The gas is fed into two Otto engines suitably adapted by Ronda Engineering for production of electrical energy as to confer on the grid and for own consumption. All of the cogeneration unit is housed in a special soundproof container to reduce noise emissions.
– Plant control and management device
The plant is operated and controlled by a single person through PLC and PC with an appropriate interface. All electromechanical controls, the control power, and man / machine interface, are housed in a specially equipped container.
The control system is also provided for the WEB connection for remote assistance.
- the syntheses gas produced from Ecogasgenerator, is totally clean from TAR which are converted into simple gases thanks to a technique developed by Ronda Engineering. In this case, the gas is suitable for the proper use in Otto-cycle engines with much higher efficiency to the steam turbines commonly used;
- Ronda Engineering drying system allows to process biomass with moisture up to 80%. Therefore it is accepted the sludge from sewage, domestic waste, residues from agro-industrial processes, and any other type of biomass;
- the whole of the gas production process is free of any pollutant, it takes place in a completely sealed environment and without emissions into the atmosphere. So then in the absence of both water vapor resulting from the drying as well from any other type of gaseous substances;
- the plant is constructed exclusively in stainless steel and ceramic materials for all parts subject to high temperature;
- the plant is constructed in modular forms and therefore allows to perform quick assembly and maintenance, since it is built in the factory and it can simply be transported.
Average roof dimensions: Length 80 m; width 20 m; Height 8 m